Monday, August 16, 2010

what saved my weekend!

Dude Check out these Vessels! Dude Cory my Skiff would be
the best boat in this town!
I decided to go down to this small fishing village on the far end of Lantau called Tai O to try and get the bad taste out of my mouth from the Buddha. And man did it work. This place was awesome! the whole town is built on stilts over the mud flats! with canals running everywhere it is called the Venice of Asia! It looks nothing like venice. It looks like a scene out of Slum Dog Millionare. Anyway we hung out at this restraunt on stilts. I was trying to get the guys to take me out on one of their little boats. This place was way cool! I could totally hang out in one of these little houses for a while! I tryed these dryed out and flattened squids that the street vendors cook. They were actually delicious. I had a bit of reservation to try them as I had just recently gotten over my second bout of the Asian version of Montezumas! But I was glad I did. Tryed a few other things. Crysanthamum juice! Not good. Looked great! all pink and frosty and cold! Tasted like sweat!


Mom, said I had to put up a picture with me in it!
Anyhow after a couple hours at this place we needed to head home and had worked our selves out far enough into the rural parts of Hong Kong that we litterally need to take a bus a ferry and a train to get home! But Tai O saved my sight seeing weekend. I'm not going to anything in the tour book again for a while. Stay off the beaten path right Cory??

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how they are able to build so much on the little stilts. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete