Saturday, August 7, 2010

Barber Shop Adventure!!

So after 3 weeks in country, I was starting to look a little ragged! My electric shaver got nuked by these crazy jury rigged oulets over here, and I didn't bring my hair clippers! So on a recomendation from one of the guys in the office, I made an appointment at the mandarin barber in the Four Seasons! I got down there on Saturday, and it was a Very Classy place, then the lady told me a buzz and a shave would be 600HKD (about $100 US), needless to say I was out of there, you guys have seen my look, and it ain't worth $100 to maintain!!! So I went on my way to do the rest of my planned errands for the day (Sightseeing!) and came across a barber pole mounted on the corner to a dark alley!

And this is what I found!!! Awesome! This place is just a lean to built in an alley that is about arms distance wide! This lady cut my hair and gave me a shave for 25HKD (about $3 US) awesome! I listened to Cantonese opera! I comunicated what I wanted by just setting her clippers up the way I wanted and then showing her I wanted that ALL OVER MY HEAD! The guy next to me got the full treatment which included the barber digging around in his ear with a long skinny knife!!! I was scared shitless she was going to try that on me but luckily I got the Gweilo! (Canotnese for white guy) treatment!

Nice Now I have a barber!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment