Sunday, August 29, 2010

Quick update on my last two weekends..

Clear water bay.
Well the main thing is work has been absolutely crazy so I have had to be in the office at least one day a weekend for the last two, so my weekend adventures have been fairly limited. A week ago I did get to go on a junk boat cruise though. It was just what I needed. You get on one of these old junks like you have seen in the movies, pack it with like 50 people and bunch of booze and drive off for some remote island or secluded beach. Unfotunately it was pretty rough outside of the harbor. Cory you would have been proud of me, I was egging the driver on trying to hold for the remote island while the girls were puking and we were taking water over the bow. But instead they diverted to a closer cove, that ended up being packed because everyone had the same issue we did. It is called clearwater bay. We got to do some wakeboarding over here and I met a chinese guy from canada who has his own wakeboarding boat over here, he's going to take me out again, or at least that's what he said while we were drinking and floating around. Anyhow, lots of floating swimming, jumping off of boats and I finally got a bit of a tan going. Oh yeah.. and on the way home I was pretty tipsy and I had been bugging the boat driver all day to let me see maps of where we were going and trying to comunicate even though he didn't speak a lick of english and he finally let me drive the boat on the way in! So Cory I have officially piloted a vessel in chinese waters!!

This weekend was another filled mostly with work. My big highlight was a trip to a part of the island called Aberdeen, to go to this restraunt called the JUMBO. It is a giant boat some rich guy built back in the 70's that is a huge dim sum restraunt. You have to take a ferry to get to it, and Aberdeen is where all the really rich people live. My tour guide was Michelle (an old friend from LA's sister, she has been taking me to all the off the beaten path spots, and making sure I don't get sick from the food!).

 It was an awesome early dinner then we sat up on the upper deck and had a few drinks, and got to watch all of these multi million dollar yachts pull in from a weekend out. These boats are insane! The Aberdeen yacht club is right across the marina from the restraunt so it was like a red carpet show for huge yachts. They light the whole thing up at night and it's pretty cool. Any how I have a big deadline this week, and then I am supposed to go camping with some people from the planning group upstairs so hopefully more pictures and cooler adventures next week.

1 comment:

  1. I'm jelous. Since you have already done a years worth of sight seeing do you get to come home? Looks amazing. Glad to hear you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete