Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Haven't posted in a while..

Ok well I haven't posted in a while, but mostly that is because I haven't been able to get pics up but that is still in the works.

So in the last week I have:

Survived a Typhoon warning! It got down graded just as it hit Hong Kong and wasn't scary crazy but was still pretty interesting to be sitting in my office at like noon and it's black out with thunder and lightning that shakes the building and nobody batts an eye. Oh and with a typhoon comes something called "Black Rain" which is when it rains more than 50mm in an hour! It's crazy the streets are all on 45 degree angles and turn into rivers. I got caught in it without an umbrella and got worked.

Went out in Lang Kwai Fun on a friday and saturday night! This is F'ing crazy. The pics will explain. But imagine Sharkeez and Boogaloo exploding to take over like 6 blocks, where anything goes, drinks in the street, ladies of the night!, and filling all of that with the hugest Aussie frat party ever! and it never stops! the bars never close!

Went to the Dragon Boat races! eh not that cool! I'll post pics.

Hiked to the top of the peak!. It's pretty much wet slippery stairs straight up the mountain! its also 85 degrees here with 90% humidity so I literally start sweating the moment I step outside (walks to work are awesome by the way! my dress shirts are wet more often than dry)
It was about a 6 mile hike, so naturally I was just soaked at the top, and what's up there? The ugliest building I have ever seen and millions and millions of tourists who take the tram up? and they say Americans are lazy! I am single handedly changing that stereotype to "Americans are Sweaty"

And lastly I got sick from local food! I got taken to an "authentic" chinese restraunt by a couple guys in the office, they did all the ordering since it was all in Cantonese, and it was all pretty good. Then they said "give him the soup". I tried it, not wanted to be rude, and let me tell you! I found out where the foot smell in Hong Kong comes from! I ate one piece of the chewey meat, before they told me it was goat intestine stew!

By the time I got home my stomach was in a knot and I got intimate with my HK toilet for a good couple hours!!!!

Ok well that's it for now. I have a cable for my camera coming in the mail (thanks Mom) and then pictures galore

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment